The club offers a floodlit court. Apart from Club night on Thursdays, all members can use this court at any time.
How to use the floodlights
One token buys you 15 minutes of light.
You will need a token. These are for use in the floodlight timer which is in the clubhouse.
Thursday floodlight tennis
During the winter evenings the Thursday club night runs from 17:30 to 20:30, comprising of a choice of three one hour sessions. Each session has 4 players allocated. If you would like to be allocated a place, please complete the contact form below.
Use of Floodlights
The club has one floodlit court available for members to book. In past years the size of the club has meant that there has been little competition to book the court and there is generally space for all. As the club membership is increasing there may be more demand on bookings and the following guide explains how the system works and will hopefully enable all who wish to play to find a suitable time.
There are two nights where a rota system is in in use, Helen Johnson is setting up a new one for beginners/improvers on Wednesday and George Duda has one running for more experienced players on Thursday. Contact them very soon if you are interested.
Operation of the Lights
1. Lights are available from early afternoon till the cut off time of 21:30 (planning restriction).
2. The lights are controlled from a token meter located on the far wall in the tennis clubroom, the token entry is on the RHS at the top.
3. Tokens are charged at £1 each and last for exactly 15 mins.
6. If the lights are allowed to go out they will have to cool down and will not come on again for at least 15mins. They take a minute to reach full power when on for the first time.
7. Tokens can be added at any time during operation and each token adds 15 mins run time.
8. If you are following on from a previous group make sure you add tokens before the time runs down to zero (see point 6) !!
Currently booking is done via the diary kept in the clubroom. It may move to online in the future. There are some slots pre-booked by the Club, these are:
Monday 16:00 till 21:00 (Coaching session juniors and adults firstname.lastname@example.org )
Tuesday 18:30 till 19:30
Wednesday TBA (rota arranged by Helen email@example.com )
Thursday 17:30 till 20:30 (rota arranged by George firstname.lastname@example.org )
Friday 17:30 till 18:30
Bookings are generally from the ½ hour, lights are actually available from 15:30 if anyone wants an early session . Bookings can be made from the time of play 14 days in advance. This enables groups of players to find a time and day for regular play.